On Saturday October 28th, WUMC will again hold it’s Talents, Treats and Treasures Auction. This very special event promises to be a wonderful evening of fun and fellowship as well as a fundraiser to support the church’s ministry and missions.
This is how it works – it will first be the job of the Talent Auction Committee to collect as many “Talents, Treats and Treasures” as possible from anyone willing to donate. This is done by completing the form below:
You will be contacted to confirm your donation, but if you don’t hear from us, please follow-up to make sure your donation was received. After receiving all of the auction items, an auction bill will be printed so that everyone that attends will have a listing of what will be auctioned off on October 28th.
Now, you might ask yourself what “Talent, Treat or Treasure” do I have that could possibly be worth auctioning off? You are more than welcome to come up with your own ideas or the following is a sample of items that you might consider:
• Crafts – quilts, stuffed dolls, woodworking, needlepoint, door decorations, paintings, photography, jewelry
• Tickets to sporting events, concerts, or theater productions
• Hauling – have truck will move it
• Handicrafts – needlework or sewing of clothing, alterations
• Gift baskets – hospitality, snack foods, nuts and fruits, theme oriented
• Backyard pool party – cookout where you host and provide food and such
• Boating – cruise somewhere, fun day on the water
• Car Cleaning – wash, wax, vacuum
• Flower arrangements – artificial or fresh
• Painting – 1 or more rooms (bidder supplies paint)
• Dinner out – donor picks restaurant
• Transportation – 1 or more trips
• Candy – homemade assortment, fudge, peanut brittle
• Baking – cookie or muffin of the month for a designated time frame
• Childcare or babysitting
• Handyman – clean-up, trimming, small repairs, vacation lawn care
• Use of a cottage or summer retreat
• Computer or IT tech support
• Personal shopper (bidder provides the funds)
• Round of golf
• And last but not least, FOOD, FOOD, FOOD.
WUMC is sure to have some of the best cooks in WNY as well as some of the biggest eaters! Whatever your specialty is, prepare and donate it, then it will become someone else’s delight to eat. Cakes, bread, lasagna, puddings, pies, soups, appetizers, and cheesecakes, all homemade and scrumptious!
All items on the Auction Bill can either be brought that night for auction or promised for a later date that is negotiable between the bidder and donor up to one year from the date of the auction. At the auction you are given the name and phone number of the donor, which serves as your receipt. It is the responsibility of the bidder to contact the donor and negotiate within one year of the auction how to redeem the prize.
The doors will open at 5:30 pm. From 5:30-6:30 pm for a cost of only $5.00 per adult ($15.00 per family) you can treat yourself to some delicious finger foods and fellowship as you browse among the auction items. The silent auction portion of the event will close at 7:00 pm. The live auction will begin shortly after the close of the silent auction. Throughout the evening door prizes will be given away so you want to be there for the entire event. Childcare will be provided for children under the age of 4.
So don’t delay, let us know of your intention to donate a “Talent, Treat or Treasure”, and more importantly, MARK YOUR CALENDAR and plan to be there to support everyone that did donate and have some fun.